Of the Pope and the Vatican
- Vatican elevates Levada to cardinal - New doctrine chief is now eligible to vote for next pope
- New cardinals express joy at news of appointment
- Massachusetts faithful elated, surprised over O'Malley's elevation to Cardinal
- Archbishop of Toledo thankful for red hat, reaffirms mission to serve
- Speaking the Truth With Strength: The Pro-choice Heresy
- Catholics fight proposal to oblige hospitals to provide 'morning after pill'
- South Dakota Senate passes abortion ban, bill a Roe V. Wade challenge
- Ontario Government Proposes the Wrong Reforms for Human Rights Commission
- Irish Newspaper Poll Suggests Majority Favour Gay "Marriage" and Adoption
- Supreme Court of Canada Rejects Case on Public Funding for Abortion in Private Clinics
- Allstate Employee fired for Views on Homosexuality Settles Out of Court
- At Least 16 U.S. States Working to Ban Gay and Lesbian Adoptions
- Pope's cardinal choice "honors China"
- Greek seminarians, priests to make historic visit to Rome; seek understanding between Orthodox and Catholic faith
- L.A. Catholic radio, 24/7, in Spanish: ' A big net that God is throwing out'
- Almost no place for minority religions on Bhutan's national TV
- The Bishop of Ratisbon cuts financing of main secular organization, in move to counter groups hostile to the Church
- EU official condemns attacks on Catholic churches
- Bosnian bishops: Catholics in some regions near extinction
- Nepal Catholics persevere amid Maoist-gov't conflict
- Belarus: Pressure mounts on two more Minsk Protestant churches
- North American nun closer to sainthood, second miracle attributed
- Chileans moved by testimony of young priest who succumbed to cancer
Views, Interviews, and Commentaries
- Remove Lahoud from office only in accordance with the law, says Cardinal Sfeir
- There's a lot of Asia in the Church's future
- I want to offer new hope to the nameless poor, says Cardinal Rosales
- Cardinal Cheong: "Seoul, Manila and Hong Kong together for Asia evangelization"
- New Venezuelan cardinal says appointment means greater service to the Church
- Polish bishops to Catholic median: Don't become political tools
- Armenia: Will new alternative service law end defiance of Council of Europe?
Other News Bites